Picture
Had lunch yesterday with my friend and former student, Paul Eppler. He pointed me in the direction of this piece by Umberto Eco, excerpted from a longer piece titled, Ur-Fascism. By ur-fascism, Eco means a basic template, consisting of fourteen bullet points, hiding behind most forms of fascism.

For a fun, family activity, count how many of these bullet points correspond to rhetorical elements of Trump's campaign and presidential transition. I count thirteen!

Comments

Many thanks to Mr. Gettysburg for post this amazing article with us but this is really wonderful game that help me to get some more interest. It is good step to this type of article to get some appreciation from site visitor and I am very glad to see this. I hope you will be upload some new post soon.

02/10/2017 9:38pm

I still can't believe Trump won. His campaign is opposed to what America has been since Columbus. America is a country with a diversified society that helps improve the economy and quality of life in the community, and protect its inhabitants. America stands for freedom, equality, solidarity, peace and humanity. Trump since his inauguration has ruined the reputation of America. I hoped that the next president fix what Trump destroys.

02/13/2017 2:21am

I don't really care about government, but since I'm devotee, I have to be updated with what is happening in the government. Like Donald Trump is now the elected president, Many people don't like Donald Trump because of his campaign. For me, even I don't like the person I will not jump to any conclusion and wait for what will his move while he is the president. I hope many people will not make any judgement to him, we don't know yet what will be his first move as a president. Thanks for sharing this, God bless you all.

12/08/2016 2:26am

What a great site! I really need this info at this moment. Thanks!

12/12/2016 3:39pm

I have never liked talking about this socio-political topics because I never got there point! Though this one makes really good point, I am not even sure if I am a pro -facist or what! Anyways, I think I will be considering other pieces of work as well before I jump to any conclusions.

Asking questions to your writing service provider is your right and you should use this right beginning to end. Even you have right to know status of work when they are performing their work for your essay assignment.

01/04/2017 3:01am

A very well written post...never read such issue before. Thanks fo informing.

01/11/2017 2:40am

Wow! Amazing Post, I really never read this article before like this and I am really surprised to see your work.thanks for sharing this information with us and I hope you keep sharing this type of information with us.

If I'm not mistaken, I've heard such idea. However, yours is better. A well-written article. Like it!

01/30/2017 12:05pm

Much thanks for keep this data.

Thanks pack father Thanks to information already written on the page, I was quite helpful to read this content.

06/19/2017 7:40pm

That will tell us how to react properly. Great idea!

07/29/2017 1:45am

09/04/2017 4:30pm

Very interesting. I need guidance to get the new science right.

09/08/2017 1:13pm

Very attractive, interesting article. Congratulations and success, informative I love it.

09/13/2017 4:10am

Good web and SEO services, please visit this address for more information.

09/20/2017 10:09pm

You can choose a course that suits your basic English, here.

09/27/2017 12:59pm

Feed Kacer Birds. The main food of these birds are insects, but sometimes they prey on worms and sometimes also eat fruits, there are even Kacer who also consume honey. Kacer is maintained in addition to Extra Fooding such as crickets, caterpillars, kroto (ant eggs) and grasshoppers.ur.

10/11/2017 2:39am

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it.

10/18/2017 2:18am

Many travel agencies incorporate this island into vacation trip packages. Pulau seribu is a group of beauty island that is not found elsewhere. On this island there are already inns that are usually included in the holiday package.

10/28/2017 12:36pm

House plans generally stick to one story level because this is the perfect architecture when you want to have as wide an area as possible around the structure, columns or interior arches, and large breezy windows. Mediterranean house plans are generally built in lower lower regions

10/31/2017 11:41am

The cost of buying a property like a house has gone up in a frenzy unlike in previous years. Presumably having a home for a newly married couple is a dream that is quite difficult to achieve. But it is not impossible.

11/03/2017 1:36am

In the event that a trademark is approved for registration, the DJKI shall be obligated to issue a Mark Registration Certificate within 15 (fifteen) days from the date of the Trademark Registration.

11/04/2017 12:27pm

A tip in building a residence or doing an affordable home remodeling, of course must be done very mature planning. This is necessary in order to minimize a risk of budget swelling.

11/07/2017 11:29am

We make sure they will not mark up the price for personal use as long as your company uses the car rental service from our service. Even many of our tenants are very familiar with our drivers like friends because we always put forward friendly service.

11/09/2017 12:19pm

The Sun mentions that PSG has contacted the manager's agent and has also expressed a desire, so that United's coach can leave to Paris.

11/10/2017 7:37pm

If you're not sure where to start, professional interior architects might be able to help you to make your Interior Design a charming and more modern look.

11/14/2017 5:21pm

It will determine the beauty of the house you choose. The exterior of the house also should not escape your attention. Tricks create a small park at minimalist home.