Picture
Had lunch yesterday with my friend and former student, Paul Eppler. He pointed me in the direction of this piece by Umberto Eco, excerpted from a longer piece titled, Ur-Fascism. By ur-fascism, Eco means a basic template, consisting of fourteen bullet points, hiding behind most forms of fascism.

For a fun, family activity, count how many of these bullet points correspond to rhetorical elements of Trump's campaign and presidential transition. I count thirteen!

Comments

Many thanks to Mr. Gettysburg for post this amazing article with us but this is really wonderful game that help me to get some more interest. It is good step to this type of article to get some appreciation from site visitor and I am very glad to see this. I hope you will be upload some new post soon.

02/10/2017 9:38pm

I still can't believe Trump won. His campaign is opposed to what America has been since Columbus. America is a country with a diversified society that helps improve the economy and quality of life in the community, and protect its inhabitants. America stands for freedom, equality, solidarity, peace and humanity. Trump since his inauguration has ruined the reputation of America. I hoped that the next president fix what Trump destroys.

02/13/2017 2:21am

I don't really care about government, but since I'm devotee, I have to be updated with what is happening in the government. Like Donald Trump is now the elected president, Many people don't like Donald Trump because of his campaign. For me, even I don't like the person I will not jump to any conclusion and wait for what will his move while he is the president. I hope many people will not make any judgement to him, we don't know yet what will be his first move as a president. Thanks for sharing this, God bless you all.

12/08/2016 2:26am

What a great site! I really need this info at this moment. Thanks!

12/12/2016 3:39pm

I have never liked talking about this socio-political topics because I never got there point! Though this one makes really good point, I am not even sure if I am a pro -facist or what! Anyways, I think I will be considering other pieces of work as well before I jump to any conclusions.

Asking questions to your writing service provider is your right and you should use this right beginning to end. Even you have right to know status of work when they are performing their work for your essay assignment.

01/04/2017 3:01am

A very well written post...never read such issue before. Thanks fo informing.

01/11/2017 2:40am

Wow! Amazing Post, I really never read this article before like this and I am really surprised to see your work.thanks for sharing this information with us and I hope you keep sharing this type of information with us.

If I'm not mistaken, I've heard such idea. However, yours is better. A well-written article. Like it!

01/30/2017 12:05pm

Much thanks for keep this data.

Thanks pack father Thanks to information already written on the page, I was quite helpful to read this content.

06/19/2017 7:40pm

That will tell us how to react properly. Great idea!